NHBCOS Interview Spotlight
New Horizons Band of Colorado Springs has over 100 musician members. Each and every member has a unique life story to tell. We would like to introduce to you our fabulous musical family.
Getting to know... Val Bardis
1. Name? Were you named after anyone?
Valerie, no, my Mom just liked the name.
2. Where are you from?
Born and raised in Newton Mass. Suburb of Boston. Spent summers on Cape Cod, New Hampshire and Vermont.
3. What band are you in?
4. Do you play in more than 1 musical group?
5. What did you want to be when you were a kid?
6. Do you have kids?
3 children two daughters and then adopted our son from Greece,
7. Do you play more than 1 instrument?
Not any longer, did play tenor Sax.
8. What is your favorite dessert?
Ice cream or pie with ice cream.
9. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Read, work, jigsaw puzzles, golf, bowl, ski, cook, card games galore, and hike, hike, hike...
10. What is or was your career?
I did cancer research, teacher, ran summer recreation programs and taught downhill skiing.
11. What is your favorite type of music?
Classical and Jazz.
12. How did you get involved in music?
Raised with music in the home, listened to music on the radio and on records, played the recorder, sang songs with family and at camps.
13. What is your favorite Summer activity?
Hiking and golf.
14. Have you ever been to a different country?
Many, husband was career military.